Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Kendall Rogers of Perfect Game USA lists the University of Louisville among his 25 teams outside of Perfect Game’s top 15 rankings to watch. (Subscription required)
- Allan Simpson of Perfect Game ranks University of Kentucky left-handed pitcher Corey Littrell the NO. 51 freshman draft prospect in the country and UofL right-handed pitcher Dace Kime the NO. 67 freshman prospect. (subscription required)
- Mark Zwolinski of The Toronto Star profiles Louisville native and former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Jon Rauch, who he writes “brings a towering presence” to the Blue Jays bullpen as the tallest player in MLB history.
- Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports Colorado Rockies right-handed pitcher Aaron Cook, who was born in Fort Campbell, will not pitch in the Cactus League for at least several days after experiencing shoulder soreness early in camp.
- Steve Kornacki of MLive.com reports former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby will get the start at first base in the Detroit Tigers exhibition opener Friday.