Highlights and stats from Kentucky players in Monday Spring Training action:
- Former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 1-2 with a home run, one RBI and one run scored for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- One-time UK outfielder turned second baseman Jason Kipnis was 1-2 with one home run, one RBI, one run scored and one walk for the Cleveland Indians in his spring debut.
- Former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby was 1-2 with two RBI and one run scored after coming off the bench for the Detroit Tigers.
- Kentucky Wesleyan alum Cory Wade pitched one and one-third perfect innings in his spring debut for Tampa Bay Rays. Wade struck out one batter.
- Former UofL right-handed pitcher Trystan Magnuson surrendered one hit and struck out one batter in a scoreless inning for the Oakland Athletics.
- In that same game former UK left-handed pitcher Scott Downs surrendered one hit in a scoreless inning for the Los Angeles Angels.
- Louisville native and former UofL right-handed pitcher Sean Green surrendered two hits in a scoreless inning for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Atlanta Braves second baseman Dan Uggla, who was born in Louisville, was 1-2 with one walk, one RBI and one run scored versus the Astros.
- Baltimore Orioles third baseman Mark Reynolds, who was born in Pikeville, was 0-3 with one strikeout in his spring debut.
- PRP alum Zack Cox was 0-1 in a pinch-hitting appearance in his spring debut for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 0-4 in his spring debut for the Minnesota Twins.