Highlights and stats from Tuesday Kentucky Spring Training action:
- Louisville native and former Bellarmine right-handed pitcher Todd Wellemeyer was credited with the win after throwing two scoreless innings for the Chicago Cubs. Wellemeyer struck out two batters and surrendered just one hit.
- Highland Heights native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke was credited with the win after surrendering one hit in one scoreless inning for the Seattle Mariners.
- On the same day that news broke of his February DUI arrest, Lexington native Austin Kearns was 2-3 with one run scored for the Cleveland Indians.
- In that same game PLD alum A. J. Ellis struck out in his only at-bat for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Washington Nationals right-handed reliever Tyler Clippard, who was born in Lexington, struck out two batters in one scoreless inning.
- Former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby was 1-4 with one run scored while starting as the designated hitter for the Detroit Tigers.
- Louisville native Zack Cox walked in his only plate appearance for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere walked in his only plate appearance for the Minnesota Twins.
- One-time Madisonville resident Matt Klinker surrendered three runs in two innings of relief for the Cincinnati Reds.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 0-1 for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Baltimore Orioles third baseman Mark Reynolds, who was born in Pikeville, was 0-3 with two strikeouts.
- Atlanta Braves second baseman Dan Uggla, who was born in Louisville, was 0-2 with one strikeout.
- In that same game Braves left-handed pitcher Jonny Venters, who was born in Pikeville, walked one batter in a scoreless inning.