Highlights and stats from Thursday Kentucky Spring Training action:
- PRP alum Zack Cox was 2-4 with one double and one run scored for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- North Hardin alum Nathan Adcock struck out one batter in a scoreless inning and recorded a hold for the Kansas City Royals.
- Kentucky Wesleyan alum Cory Wade struck out one batter in two scoreless innings for the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Louisville native and former UofL right-handed pitcher Sean Green struck out one batter in a scoreless inning for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- In that same game former UofL right-handed pitcher Trystan Magnuson surrendered one run on two hits in one inning for the Oakland Athletics.
- Offseason Louisville resident Matt Maloney surrendered one run on three hits in three innings for the Cincinnati Reds. Maloney struck out three batters and walked none.
- PLD alum A. J. Ellis was 1-2 for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Lexington native Austin Kearns was 0-2 with two walks for the Cleveland Indians.
- In that same game one-time UK outfielder turned second baseman Jason Kipnis was 0-3 with one strikeout.
- Batting leadoff, former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 0-5 with one strikeout for the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Atlanta Braves left-handed reliever Jonny Venters, who was born in Pikeville, struck out one batter in a scoreless inning.