Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Troy Renck of The Denver Post reports Colorado Rockies right-handed pitcher Aaron Cook, who was born in Fort Campbell, received some good news on Friday when team physician, Dr. Thomas Noonan, examined him and found no structural damage in is ailing shoulder.
- Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com ranks Lexington native Robbie Ross the No. 7 prospect in the Texas Rangers’ farm system.
- Jason Beck of MLB.com profiles former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby and his push to make the Detroit Tigers’ roster this spring. Strieby currently leads the team in plate appearances and hits but is blocked at first base by all-star Miguel Cabrera.
- Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb will throw his fourth bullpen session of the spring on Sunday.
- Steve Gilbert of MLB.com reports Webb paid a visit to his former teammates in the Arizona Diamondbacks’ clubhouse on Saturday.