Highlights and stats from Friday Kentucky Spring Training action:
- Former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby slugged his first home run of the spring for the Detroit Tigers and is batting .267 on the young Grapefruit League season.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Scott Downs earned the win after pitching one perfect inning for the Los Angeles Angels.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 1-1 with one RBI and one stolen base for the Minnesota Twins.
- Former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 1-1 with two RBI for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Highland Heights native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke struck out one batter in a perfect inning for the Seattle Mariners.
- Former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton surrendered two runs on four hits in three and two-thirds innings in a start for the Philadelphia Phillies. Blanton struck out two batters and walked one.
- Louisville native Zack Cox was 0-2 with one strikeout for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- One-time UK outfielder turned second baseman Jason Kipnis was 0-1 for the Cleveland Indians.
- Atlanta Braves second baseman Dan Uggla, who was born in Louisville, was 2-4 with two RBI, one double and one run scored.
- Washington Nationals right-handed pitcher Tyler Clippard, who was born in Lexington, pitched a scoreless inning despite walking two batters.