Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Murray State University senior outfielder and week four BluGrass Baseball hitter of the week Zach Noonan was named the Ohio Valley Conference player of the week.
- The University of Louisville checked in at No. 21 in the latest ESPN/USA Today Top 25 Coaches’ Poll.
- UofL checked in at No. 4, but Western Kentucky University dropped out of the most recent College Baseball Daily mid-major top 25 poll.
- UofL redshirt sophomore right-handed pitcher Justin Amlung and Lexington native and Cincinnati outfielder Justin Riddell were named to the Big East Conference weekly honor roll for their week four performances.
- Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb is scheduled to throw against live batters for the first time this spring on Wednesday.
- Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated tweets the Colorado Rockies were disappointed right-handed pitcher Aaron Cook, who was born in Fort Campbell, didn’t report to camp in playing shape and Cook will not start the season with the team.