Stats and highlights from Wednesday Kentucky Spring Training action:
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 1-5 with a grand slam for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton picked up his first win of the spring after surrendering two runs on five hits in five innings while striking out three batters and walking two for the Philadelphia Phillies.
- In that same game former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby struck out in a pinch-hitting appearance.
- Former UofL right-handed pitcher Trystan Magnuson struck out one batter in a scoreless inning for the Oakland Athletics.
- Former Kentucky Wesleyan right-handed pitcher Cory Wade surrendered one hit and struck out two batters in two scoreless innings for the Tampa Bay Rays in an exhibition game versus the Netherlands.
- PLD alum A. J. Ellis was hitless in two at-bats for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Baltimore Orioles third baseman Mark Reynolds, who was born in Pikeville, was 1-4 with one double, two RBI and one run scored versus the Twins.
- Atlanta Braves left-handed pitcher Jonny Venters, who was born in Pikeville, struck out one batter in a scoreless inning of relief.
- In that same game Braves second baseman Dan Uggla, who was born in Louisville, was 0-3 versus the St. Louis Cardinals.