Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart is afraid he will not be ready for Opening Day due to a lingering oblique injury.
- Jack Magruder of FoxSportsArizona.com reports Lexington native and former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill made a strong impression on the Diamondbacks this spring and will likely start 2011 at AAA Reno.
- Brad Stephens of the College Heights Herald recaps the recruitment of Western Kentucky University sophomore left-handed pitcher Tanner Perkins, who was the top Kentucky high school pitcher in 2009, and notes a fishing trip sealed Perksins’ decision to sign with WKU.
- Geoff Baker of The Seattle Times reports Highland Heights native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke is still in the running for a bullpen spot after the latest round of Mariners’ roster cuts.
- Louisville native and rehabbing Mariners reliever Shawn Kelley breaks down his NCAA basketball tournament bracket for the Herald Net of Everett Washington. Kelley says his is a huge UofL fan, so he is probably unhappy with the Cards’ Thursday loss to Morehead St.