Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com ranks PRP alum Zack Cox the No. 2 prospect in the St. Louis Cardinals organization.
- Mayo ranks Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere the No. 4 prospect in the Minnesota Twins organization.
- Kendall Rogers of Perfect Game USA lists the University of Louisville among the weekend losers in college baseball.
- Geoff Baker, columnist for The Seattle Times, writes Highland Heights native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke has probably done enough this spring to earn a spot in the Mariners’ bullpen and could possibly be considered for save opportunities if closer Brandon League falters.
- Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb won’t get his wish of pitching in a B or minor league game this week and will instead pitch another batting practice session today.
- The Lexington Hustlers have released the team’s 2011 summer schedule.
- Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports no news has been good news concerning the rehab of Colorado Rockies right-handed pitcher Aaron Cook, who was born in Fort Campbell.