Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Allan Simpson of Perfect Game USA ranks University of Kentucky junior right-handed pitcher Alex Meyer, University of Louisville junior right-handed pitcher Tony Zych, Lexington Catholic alum Nick Maronde, UK sophomore outfielder Brian Adams and Western Kentucky University junior outfielder Kes Carter among the top 100 college draft prospects regardless of class. (Subscription required)
- Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com reports Louisville native and former Bellarmine right-handed pitcher Todd Wellemeyer had a cortisone shot for his ailing hip on Sunday and hopes to get back on the mound for the Cubs this week.
- The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart may return from an oblique injury next week but is still questionable to open the season with the Brewers.
- Dan Connolly of The Baltimore Sun reports Orioles third baseman Mark Reynolds, who was born in Pikeville, has abandoned an offseason mechanics tweak to his swing after a poor offensive spring.
- Kary Booher of the News-Leader reports Louisville native Zack Cox will start the season with high A Palm Beach.