Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Steve Dilbeck of The Los Angeles Times reports PLD alum A. J. Ellis may be back in contention for the backup catching job with the Dodgers after an injury to Dioner Navarro and Thursday home run but is still likely to begin the season at AAA Albuquerque.
- Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb will try to throw long toss today after canceling a live batting practice throwing session early this week after he failed to get loose.
- Matt Eddy of Baseball America reports the Florida Marlins have released former UK infielder Chris Wade, who batted .218 with two home runs, 24 RBI, 26 runs scored and 13 stolen bases in 81 games between low A Greensboro and high A Jupiter last season.
- Nick Gonnella of the Greensburg Daily News in Indiana, profiles University of Kentucky junior right-handed pitcher Alex Meyer, a Greensburg native and 2008 Indiana Mr. Baseball.
- WAVE-3 TV has an update on the legal case against former UofL baseball player Isaiah Howes, who is claiming self defense in the shooting death of a former UofL football player