Stats and highlights from Friday Kentucky Spring Training action:
- Former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton earned a win after surrendering five hits in six shutout innings for the Philadelphia Phillies while striking out four batters and walking none.
- Louisville native and former UofL right-handed pitcher Sean Green earned the win after recording two outs without surrendering a run for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Highland Heights native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke surrendered two hits in a scoreless inning for the Seattle Mariners.
- PLD alum A. J. Ellis was 1-2 with one RBI and one run scored for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- After being added to the MLB roster for the game Lexington native and former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 1-1 for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- After being added to the MLB roster for the game former UK outfielder Saywer Carroll was 1-2 with one double and one run scored for the San Diego Padres.
- In that same game offseason Louisville resident Matt Maloney surrendered three runs on six hits in two innings for the Cincinnati Reds.
- After being added to the MLB roster for the game, former UofL outfielder Boomer Whiting had a sacrifice bunt in a pinch hit appearance for the Washington Nationals.
- Atlanta Braves second baseman Dan Uggla, who was born in Louisville, was 0-3 with one walk versus the Tigers.