Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Geoff Baker of The Seattle Times reports the Mariners have informed Highland Heights native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke he will open the season in the MLB bullpen.
- Colin Fly of The Associated Press reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart is secure with his spot with the Brewers following his breakout 2010 season and contract extension.
- Dennis Punzel of Madison.com reports Louisville native and former UofL right-handed pitcher Sean Green may be in danger of losing his spot on the Milwaukee Brewers’ roster when a few pitchers return from injury.
- Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal recaps the University of Louisville‘s 3-1 win over Western Kentucky University, noting the Cards’ freshmen batters were able to contribute unlike they have through most of the season.
- Former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton and the rest of the Phillies’ starting rotation appear on the cover, right, of Sports Illustrated this week.