Latest links and notes from around Kentucky baseball:
- Highland Heights native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke surrendered four runs on two hits in two-thirds of an inning in his MLB debut for the Mariners on Sunday.
- David Lassen of The Press-Enterprise reports PLD alum A. J. Ellis was warming up in the bullpen Sunday but was saved from being used on the mound in mop-up duty when Lance Cormier recorded the final two outs of the game.
- Oldham County HS alum and former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Jon Rauch surrendered one run in one inning in his first appearance for the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Male HS alum and former UofL right-handed pitcher Sean Green surrendered two hits, walked two batters and surrendered one run in one inning of work for the Brewers.
- Kendall Rogers of Perfect Game USA lists Western Kentucky University among the weekly college baseball losers. (subscription required)