Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Murray State University junior catcher Jacob Rhodes was named the Ohio Valley Conference player of the week. Rhodes was also the BluGrass Baseball player of the week.
- Kendall Rogers of Perfect Game USA lists the University of Louisville among his 25 teams to watch outside the PG top 25.
- David Rawnsley of Perfect Game USA has posted his latest mock draft and has the Tampa Bay Rays taking University of Kentucky junior right-handed pitcher Alex Meyer with pick No. 32.
- Tom Haudicourt and Todd Rosiak of the Journal Sentinel reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart still has no timetable to start a minor league rehab assignment.
- Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb was unhappy with his control during a live batting practice session on Monday.
- Josh Jackson of MLB.com lists one-time UK outfielder turned second baseman Jason Kipnis and Louisville Bats catcher Devin Mesoraco among the prospects to watch in the International League early in the season.
- Greg Johns of MLB.com reports Highland Heights native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke was rattled by base runner Coco Crisp during his MLB debut.
- Matt Pignataro of 7 Train to Shea has posted a Q&A with Lexington native and Rangers prospect Robbie Ross.
- Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com has an excellent column about Lexington native Austin Kearns and his decision to return to Cleveland in part because of the treatment his autistic son could receive at the Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital for Autism.