Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Mark Maloney of the Lexington Herald-Leader profiles the 2011 Lexington Legends Opening Day roster.
- Maloney reports the Legends will turn to 19-year-old right-handed pitcher Mike Foltynewicz for the Opening Day start tonight.
- Maloney has also posted capsules about each of the Legends on his blog.
- Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal profiles Louisville Bats catcher Devin Mesoraco, who he writes might be the next MLB catcher to play for the Bats.
- Brian Rickerd of The State-Journal profiles Western Hills alum and University of Kentucky freshman outfielder and second baseman J. T. Riddle, who has so far exceeded expectations during his first collegiate season.
- Nick Baumgardner of The Daily News in Bowling Green reports the Western Kentucky University offense came alive for the second consecutive year while playing at Bowling Green Ballpark, this time versus the University of Louisville.