Check out the first daily summary of Kentucky MiLB action below. Links take you to the player’s MiLB.com page:
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods opened the 2011 season with a 4-0 win over Dayton. Enny Romero surrendered one hit in five scoreless innings while striking out eight batters and walking one to earn the win. Former UofL third baseman Phil Wunderlich was 0-4 in his Hot Rods’ debut.
- The Lexington Legends suffered a 6-1 loss in the team’s season opener versus Charleston. Eastern High School alum Jason Chowning struck out one batter in a scoreless inning in his Legends’ debut.
- The Louisville Bats dropped their Opening Day game 11-6 to Toledo. Catcher Devin Mesoraco was 2-4 with one home run, one RBI and one run scored in the game.
- Former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby was 1-5 with one home run, three RBI and one run scored for AAA Toledo.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Chris Rusin earned the win after surrendering three runs on four hits in five innings while striking out four batters and walking one for AA Tennessee in his Opening Day start.
- Butler High School alum Seth Bynum was 2-4 with one home run, five RBI, one run scored and one double for AAA Syracuse.
- Former UK infielder Michael Bertram was 2-3 with one double for AA Erie.
- Former UK outfielder Sawyer Carroll was 2-3 for AA San Antonio.
- Former UofL first baseman Andrew Clark was 2-4 with one run scored for low A Hickory.
- Covington native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Nathan Jones struck out two batters in two scoreless innings for AA Birmingham.
- Former Kentucky Wesleyan right-handed pitcher Cory Wade surrendered one hit in two scoreless innings for AAA Durham.
- Louisville native and former Murray St. first baseman Wes Cunningham was 1-2 with one walk, one run scored and one stolen base for low A Fort Wayne.
- PRP alum Zack Cox was 2-4 with one double for high A Palm Beach.