Highlights from Friday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods improved to 2-0 on the season with a 12-5 win over Dayton. Catcher Lucas Bailey was 4-4 with one home run, one double, four RBI and two runs scored, and former UofL infielder Phil Wunderlich was 1-4 with a double.
- The Lexington Legends offense busted out for 11 runs to give the team its first win of the season, an 11-7 victory over Charleston. Catcher Chris Wallace and right fielder Adam Bailey both slugged home runs, and right-handed pitcher Tanner Bushue earned the win after surrendering four runs in six innings.
- The Louisville Bats earned the team’s first win of the season with a 5-3 victory over Toledo. Right-handed pitcher Matt Klinker, who attended Madisonville North-Hopkins High School, earned the win after surrendering three runs on eight hits in six innings while striking out six batters and walking one.
- Former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby was 1-4 in the game for Toledo.
- Louisville native and former UofL infielder Adam Duvall slugged his first home run of the season for low A Augusta.
- Former EKU left-handed pitcher Christian Friedrich earned his first win of the season after surrendering two runs, one of which was earned, on three hits in five innings while striking out four batters and walking two for AA Tulsa.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer was 3-4 with two doubles and three runs scored for AA Jackson.
- LCA alum Robbie Ross is pitching out of the bullpen to start the season for high A Myrtle Beach and struck out two batters in a scoreless inning in his season debut.
- South Laurel alum Jon Townsend was 3-5 with two RBI and one walk for high A Inland Empire in his season debut.