Highlights from Saturday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats scored two runs in the first inning then held on for a 2-1 win over Toledo. Center fielder Dave Sappelt was 3-4 with one run scored and is batting .500 on the young season. Right-handed pitcher Chad Reineke earned the win after surrendering one run on four hits in five innings while striking out five batters and walking one.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods dropped their first game of the season with a 5-4 loss to Dayton. Former UofL infielder Phil Wunderlich had a double, and third baseman Steven Tinoco was 2-4 with one run scored.
- Charleston scored four runs in the eighth inning to break open a 3-3 tie and send the Lexington Legends to a 7-3 loss. Left-handed pitcher Brad Dydalewicz took a no decision after surrendering two runs on three hits in five innings.
- Former UK infielder Gunner Glad was 2-3 with one home run, three RBI and two runs scored for low A Beloit.
- Glad’s home run was not enough to get his former UK teammate Logan Darnell a win. Darnell took the loss for Beloit after surrendering five runs on five hits in three innings while striking out four batters and walking one in his first start of the season.
- Former UofL infielder Chris Dominguez was 2-5 with two RBI and two runs scored for high A San Jose.
- One-time UofL left-handed pitcher Zach Jackson earned the win for AAA Round Rock after surrendering four runs on nine hits in five and one-third innings in his first start of the season.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer was 2-5 with one RBI for AA Jackson and is 5-9 (.556) on the young season.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 2-5 with one walk, one RBI and two stolen bases for AAA Rochester.