Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- In the magazine’s midseason top 50 draft prospect ranking, Baseball America ranks University of Kentucky junior right-handed pitcher Alex Meyer the No. 28 prospect in the 2011 draft.
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart took swings in the indoor batting cage without any discomfort on Tuesday and hopes to go on a minor league rehab assignment on Sunday.
- Aaron Fitt of BA includes bot the University of Louisville and Western Kentucky University in his latest NCAA tournament projections as at-large bids. He also notes the UK is one of just two teams in the Southeastern Conference without a realistic at-large shot.
- C. L. Brown of the Courier-Journal recaps the UK 3-2 win over UofL on Tuesday, noting UofL redshirt junior outfielder Stewart Ijames said his team was “not competing enough as an offensive unit.”
- Chip Cosby of the Lexington Herald-Leader recaps the game, quoting UK head coach Gary Henderson as saying “When you play Louisville, it’s important no matter what sport it is.
- Former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton struggled in his second start of the season for the Phillies, taking a loss after surrendering five runs on seven hits in six innings. Blanton has a 10.45 ERA on the young season.