Recaps and highlights from Tuesday Kentucky college baseball action:
- You can read the BluGrass Baseball recap of the University of Kentucky‘s 3-2 win over the University of Louisville here.
- Western Kentucky University scored eight runs in the fifth inning en route to a 17-6 win over Austin Peay. Junior center fielder Kes Carter was 4-5 with one home run, five RBI and three runs scored, and senior catcher Matt Rice was 4-5 with three RBI and four runs scored. Junior second baseman Ivan Hartle, junior right fielder Ryan Hutchinson and freshman designated hitter Scott Wilcox each had two hits in the game. Sophomore right-handed pitcher Taylor Haydel earned the win after surrendering six runs, two of which were earned, on 11 hits in five innings while striking out six batters and walking one. (Box Score)
- Morehead State University‘s game versus Marshall was rained out.
Hitter of the day: CF Kes Carter (WKU)
- Stats: 4-5, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 3 R
- Honorable Mention: Stewart Ijames (UofL), Matt Rice (WKU), Scott Wilcox (WKU), Chad Wright (UK), Taylor Black (UK)
Pitcher of the day: RHP Jordan Cooper (UK)
- Stats: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO
- Honorable Mention: Travis Tingle (UofL), Ross Hammonds (WKU)