Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports former UK right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton said Tuesday he had identified a mechanical problem that was leading to his early season struggles, but Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee said he did not know of any problem.
- Mike DiGiovanna of The Los Angeles Times reports the Angels are enjoying the added flexibility brought to the bullpen since Louisville native and former UK left-handed pitcher Scott Downs returned from the disabled list, giving the team two left-handed relievers.
- George Von Benko of MLB.com reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart took batting practice on the field with the Milwaukee Brewers for the first time on Thursday.
- Western Kentucky University will retire the jersey of former catcher Jack Glasser, who batted .326 in his three-year career. Glasser is the first WKU baseball player to have his jersey retired.
- Mark Maloney of the Lexington Herald-Leader reports on the baseball side-show in Lexington early this week in the form of 2010 No. 1 pick Bryce Harper.
- Mike Fields of the Herald-Leader reports Lawrence County High School right-handed pitcher Chandler Shepherd, a UK signee, has rebounded from Tommy John surgery to put himself in consideration for Mr. Baseball honors.