Highlights from Thursday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats w0n their seventh consecutive game with a 5-2 victory over Indianapolis. Right-handed pitcher Chad Reineke improved to 2-0 after surrendering two runs on six hits in six and two-third innings. Left fielder Dave Sappelt, third baseman Todd Frazier and center fielder Kris Negron all homered for Louisville.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods used a three-run fifth inning to earn a 4-1 win over Fort Wayne. Left-handed pitcher Braulio Lara earned the win after surrendering one run on two hits in five innings, and left-handed pitcher Chris Rearick earned the save after surrendering one hit in four shutout innings.
- The Lexington Legends held 2010 No. 1 pick Bryce Harper to just one hit in a 7-0 shutout win over Hagerstown. Right-handed pitcher Tanner Bushue improved to 2-0 after surrendering five hits in eight shutout inning while striking out four and walking two. Designated hitter Telvin Nash and center fielder Daniel Adamson each homered for Lexington.
- Louisville native Tyler Kuhn was 4-4 with one stolen base for AA Birmingham.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 3-6 with one RBI, two runs scored and one stolen base.
- Former UK third baseman Gunner Glad was 3-6 with one double for low A Beloit.
- Glad’s performance backed a stellar pitching performance from former UK left-handed pitcher Logan Darnell, who took a no decision despite surrendering just two hits in eight shutout innings while striking out six batters and walking none for Beloit.
- Former EKU left-handed pitcher Christian Friedrich took a loss after surrendering seven runs on eight hits in six innings in a start for AA Tulsa.
- One-time UofL left-handed pitcher Zach Jackson, who transferred to Texas A&M from UofL, took a no decision after surrendering five runs on nine hits in seven innings while striking out four batters and walking none.