Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart will begin a rehab assignment with AAA Nashville on Tuesday.
- LEX18-TV reports University of Kentucky football coach Joker Phillips singled out UK baseball sophomore outfielder Brian Adams as a wide receiver who has shown playmaking ability during spring football practice. Adams has been splitting time between football and baseball practice this spring.
- Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports Louisville native and former Morehead St. right-handed pitcher Jon Rauch may remain the Blue Jays’ closer even after Frank Francisco returns from the disabled list.
- T. R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb is still 4-6 weeks away from pitching in the Major leagues.
- John Park of MiLB.com recaps the Lexington Legends’ Sunday offensive outburst, noting teammates Chris Wallace and Telvin Nash finished the game one base shy of the South Atlantic League record for total bases by a duo in a game, and Wallace missed the SAL single-game RBI record by one.