Highlights from Sunday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Lexington Legends had a rare offensive outburst in an 18-9 win over Asheville. Both catcher Chris Wallace and designated hitter Telvin Nash each slugged three home runs. Wallace was 5-6 with nine RBI and four runs scored, and Nash was 5-6 with four RBI and four runs scored.
- The Louisville Bats returned to its winning ways with a 6-4, 13-inning victory over Indianapolis. Cincinnati Reds right-handed pitcher Homer Bailey surrendered two hits in five scoreless innings in a rehab appearance for the Bats. Second baseman Kris Negron was 3-5 with one double and two runs scored, and outfielder Brian Barton slugged a home run.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods rallied for a 7-6 win over Lake County. Former UofL infielder Phil Wunderlich was 2-4 with one home run, one double, three RBI and one run scored. Left fielder Cody Rogers and second baseman Hector Guevara both homered.
- LCA alum Robbie Ross earned his first win of the season after surrendering four hits in six shutout innings while striking out four batters and walking three for high A Myrtle Beach.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder John Shelby was 2-4 with one home run, one RBI and one run scored for AA Montgomery.
- Former UofL outfielder Josh Richmond was 2-4 with two doubles, two runs scored, one walk and one stolen base for low A Hickory.
- Former UofL first baseman Andrew Clark was 2-4 with one RBI, one walk and one run scored for low A Hickory.
- Hawesville native and former WKU infielder Wade Gaynor extended his hitting streak to six games with a single and two RBI for high A Lakeland.
- Paducah native Jonathan Roof slugged his first professional home run and scored twice for low A Hickory.