Highlights from Monday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Indianapolis scored seven runs over the final two innings to send the Louisville Bats to a 10-4 loss. One-time Madisonville resident Matt Klinker took the loss for the Bats after surrendering seven runs on five hits in two innings.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods tallied just three hits in an 8-2 loss to Dayton. Left-handed pitcher Enny Romero took the loss after surrendering five runs on five hits in three and two-third innings.
- One day after two players each hit three home runs, the Lexington Legends also tallied just three hits in a 4-1 loss to Asheville. Right-handed pitcher Michael Foltynewicz took the loss despite surrendering three runs on six hits in six innings while striking out three batters and walking three.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer was 3-4 with one home run, two RBI and one run scored for AA Jackson and is batting .400 on the season.
- Covington native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Nathan Jones earned his first win of the season after pitching a scoreless inning of relief for AA Birmingham.
- Former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby was 2-4 with one home run, two RBI and two runs scored for AAA Toledo.
- Trinity High School alum Tyler Kuhn was 3-5 with one double, one triple, three RBI and one run scored for AA Birmingham.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Andrew Albers eared his first win since 2008 after surrendering one run in one and one-third innings of relief for high A Fort Meyers.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Chris Rusin took a no decision after surrendering two runs on six hits in five innings while striking out four batters and walking one in a start for AA Tennessee.
- Former UK infielder Chris Bisson was 2-5 with two stolen bases for low A Fort Wayne.
- Louisville native and former UofL infielder Adam Duvall was 2-4 with two doubles and one run scored for low A Augusta.
- Louisville native and former Murray St. first baseman Wes Cunningham was 2-4 with one RBI and one run scored for low A Fort Wayne.