Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Morehead State University dropped a 5-1 decision to Indiana in the state’s only college baseball game on Wednesday. Redshirt junior right-handed pitcher Josh Schneider took the loss after surrendering two runs on four hits in four innings while striking out six batters and walking none. The Eagles tallied just four hits in the game, and junior catcher Taylor Davis scored the team’s only home run. (Box Score)
- Jack Etkin, writing for Baseball America, reports former EKU left-handed pitcher Christian Friedrich made a major impression on the Colorado Rockies’ management with six shutout innings versus the big-league team in a scrimmage to end Spring Training. (Subscription required)
- Campbellsville University head coach Beauford Sanders earned his 900th career win with the Tigers’ 4-3 win over Shawnee State Monday.
- Kendall Rogers of Perfect Game USA ranks Davis the No. 20 college catcher prospect. He ranks Western Kentucky University senior Matt Rice the No. 13 college catcher by performance and Davis the No. 20 catcher by performance. (Subscription required)
- Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb threw to live hitters on Wednesday, two days ahead of schedule.
- Nick Baumgardner of The Daily News in Bowling Green reports WKU coach Chris Finwood told his team they could make some new fans before the large crowd at Bowling Green Ballpark if they played well against the University of Kentucky on Tuesday.