Highlights from Thursday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Cincinnati Reds right-handed pitcher Johnny Cueto‘s poor rehab start put the Louisville Bats in an early hole in a 19-3 loss to Columbus. Cueto surrendered eight runs on nine hits in one and two-third innings.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods tallied just five hits in a 9-5 loss to Lake County. Left fielder Cody Rogers slugged his second home run of the season.
- The Savannah Sand Gnats used a four-run eighth inning to send the Lexington Legends to a 6-5 loss. Third baseman Michael Kvasnicka was 3-4 with one double, one triple, one RBI and one run scored, and designated hitter Chris Wallace slugged his league-leading sixth home run of the season.
- Owensboro native and former UofL left-handed pitcher Justin Marks earned his first win of the season after surrendering three runs on seven hits in five innings while striking out six batters and walking one.
- Louisville native and former UofL infielder Adam Duvall extended his hitting streak to nine games for low A Augusta with a single.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer extended his hitting streak to seven games with a single for AA Jackson.
- Paducah native Jonathan Roof scored two runs and drove in three in a double-header for low A Hickory.
- Former UofL outfielder Josh Richmond scored three runs in a double-header for low A Hickory.
- Louisville native Zack Cox was 2-4 for high A Palm Beach.