Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Lyle Spencer of MLB.com reports the Los Angeles Angels placed Louisville native and former UK left-handed pitcher Scott Downs back on the 15-day disabled list with a gastrointestinal virus that has caused him to lose around 10 pounds.
- Todd Rosiak and Charles F. Gardner of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart will be back in uniform for the Brewers as early as Tuesday.
- Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb will pitch in an extended Spring Training game on Monday as the next step in his rehabilitation process.
- University of Louisville junior right-handed pitcher Tony Zych has been named to the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association Stopper of the Year award.
- Jason Frakes of the Courier-Journal reports Madison Central High School is the last remaining undefeated Kentucky high school baseball team and could be the first team in 29 years to finish the season without a loss.