Highlights from Sunday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats received a strong start from rehabbing Cincinnati Reds right-handed pitcher Homer Bailey and pounded out 13 hits in a 9-0 win over Toledo. Bailey surrendered three hits in five and one-third shutout innings while striking out six batters and walking one. Designated hitter Yonder Alonso, first baseman Eric Eymann and second baseman Kris Negron each homered in the game.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer extended his hitting streak to 10 games and was 3-6 with one double, two RBI and two runs scored for AA Jackson. Shaffer is batting .368 with three home runs, 10 RBI and 13 runs scored on the season.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 2-5 with one triple, one home run, one RBI and two runs scored for AAA Reno.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Chris Rusin took a no decision after surrendering three runs, two of which were earned, on seven hits in five innings while striking out three batters and walking one for AA Tennessee.
- Louisville native Seth Bynum slugged his second home run of the season for AAA Syracuse.
- Trinity alum Tyler Kuhn was 2-4 with one double, one triple, one RBI, one walk and two runs scored for AA Birmingham.