Highlights from Monday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats‘ blew a two-run ninth inning lead in a 6-5 loss to Toledo. Two-time National League All-Star Dontrelle Willis took a no decision despite surrendering just three runs on six hits in seven innings while striking out four batters and walking two.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods used a strong pitching performance from right-handed pitcher Victor Mateo in a 2-1 win over South Bend. Mateo earned his first win after surrendering one run on four hits in six innings while striking out seven batters and walking two.
- The Lexington Legends scored a single run in the bottom of the 10th inning to earn a 7-6 win over Kannapolis in game one of the team’s homestand. Shortstop Jiovanni Mier and third baseman Michael Kvasnicka both homered for the Legends.
- Mt. Sterling native and former Morehead St. infielder Drew Lee was 3-4 with his first home run of the season, three RBI and one run scored for Kannapolis in the game.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a 2-5 performance for AA Jackson. Shaffer is batting .370 on the season.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 3-4 with one double, two RBI and one run scored f0r AAA Reno. Cowgill has multiple hits in gour consecutive games.
- Louisville native and former UofL infielder Adam Duvall was 2-5 with two RBI for low A Augusta.
- Former UofL third baseman Chris Dominguez slugged his fifth home run of the season for high A San Jose.
- Lafayette High School alum Chaz Roe took a no decision after surrendering three runs on seven hits in five and two-third innings while striking out four batters and walking none for AAA Tacoma.
- Louisville native Seth Bynum homered for the second straight game and third time this season for AAA Syracuse.
- Trinity High School alum Tyler Kuhn was 2-4 with one home run, two RBI and two runs scored for AA Birmingham.