- You can read the BluGrass Baseball recap of the University of Kentucky‘s 7-1 win over the University of Louisville here.
- Eastern Kentucky University surrendered 11 runs in the first two innings of its Tuesday game and never overcame the early deficit in an 18-7 loss to East Tennessee St. Freshman right-handed pitcher Blake Bottoms took the loss after surrendering six runs on eight hits in two-thirds of an inning in his second start of the season. Freshman third baseman Bryan Soloman was 3-5 with one home run, three RBI and one run scored. Sophomore designated hitter Alex Hughes slugged his third home run of the season. (Box Score)
Hitter of the day: 3B Bryan Soloman (EKU)
- Stats: 3-4, 1 HR, 2 2Bs, 3 RBI, 1 R
- Honorable Mention: Ryan Seiz (UofL), Braden Kapteyn (UK), Luke Maile (UK), Chad Wright (UK), Austin Grisham (EKU),
Pitcher of the day: RHP Jordan Cooper (UK)
- Stats: 1-0, 6.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 SO
- Honorable Mention: RHP Chad Green (UofL), Alex Phillips (UK)