Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart was not expected to be activated from the Milwaukee Brewers’ disabled list until Wednesday, but a batting-practice injury to Erick Almonte forced Hart off the DL on Tuesday. He grounded out in a pinch-hit appearance in his season debut.
- Mike DiGiovanna of The Los Angeles Times reports Louisville native and former UK left-handed pitcher Scott Downs, who is on the Angels’ disabled list with a gastrointestinal disorder, will throw a bullpen session Wednesday before being activated in time for Friday’s game.
- Chuck Jones of The News-Enterprise in Elizabethtown reports the 2011 high school season has been the “year of the hitter” in the greater Elizabethtown area, with 19 players still batting over .400.
- Brett Dawson of the Courier-Journal focuses on University of Kentucky sophomore right-handed pitcher Jordan Cooper‘s career success against the University of Louisville in his recap of the Cats’ 7-1 win over the Cards.
- University of Louisville head coach Dan McDonnell told Mark Maloney of the Lexington Herald-Leader he was “kind of getting tired of seeing that guy [Cooper].”
- The College Baseball Blog has no Kentucky teams in its latest NCAA field of 64 projection.