Highlights from Wednesday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Each of the state’s three minor league teams’ games were rained out.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher James Paxton took a loss but posted a quality start in his MiLB debut. Paxton surrendered three runs, one of which was earned, on five hits in six innings while striking out six batters and walking four.
- Former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby slugged his third home run of the season and went 2-3 in game one of a double-header for AAA Toledo.
- London native Jon Townsend was 2-3 with two doubles, two runs scored, one walk and one RBI for high A Inland Empire to extend hits hitting streak to six games.
- Louisville native and former Murray St. infielder Wes Cunningham was 3-5 with two doubles for low A Fort Wayne.
- Former UK infielder Chris Bisson was 2-5 with one double, two RBI and two runs scored for low A Fort Wayne.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 2-3 with one RBI, one walk and one stolen base for AAA Rochester.
- Former WKU infielder Wade Gaynor was 2-4 with one double, one walk and one run scored for high A Lakeland.
- One-time Madisonville resident Matt Klinker took a loss but surrendered just two runs on three hits in six innings while striking out four batters and walking two for AA Carolina.
- Former UofL left-handed pitcher Justin Marks took a loss after surrendering five runs on eight hits in six innings while striking out two batters and walking one.
- Former EKU left-handed pitcher Christian Friedrich took a loss after surrendering seven runs on 10 hits in four innings while striking out four batters and walking two.
- Richmond native and former UK outfielder Keenan Wiley was promoted to high A Lynchburg where he went 0-3 in his debut.