Highlights from Saturday Kentucky MiLB action:
- Despite another excellent performance from Mt. Sterling native Drew Lee the Lexington Legends earned a 10-9 win over Kannapolis on a walk-off home run from catcher Roberto Pena. Right fielder Adam Bailey, first baseman Telvin Nash and second baseman Delino Deshields Jr. also homered for the Legends.
- Former Morehead St. infielder Drew Lee was 3-5 with one home run, two RBI and three runs scored for Kannapolis. He is batting .591 in six games this season and was 8-15 with two home runs, five RBI and six runs scored during the Lexington series.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods tallied 12 hits in a 5-2 win over Great Lakes. Catcher Lucas Bailey was 3-4 with two doubles, two RBI and one run scored. Left-handed pitcher C. J. Riefenhauser earned the win after surrendering one run on four hits in six innings while striking out 11 batters and walking one. Former UofL infielder Phil Wunderlich was 2-4 with one double and two RBI.
- The Louisville Bats scored two runs in the second inning but could not muster any more offense in a 3-2 loss to Durham. Right-handed pitcher Chad Reineke took a no decision after surrendering two runs on nine hits in five innings.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill extended his hitting streak to eight games with a 3-3 performance for AAA Reno. Cowgill is 19-34 (.559) with four home runs, nine RBI and 11 runs scored during the streak.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 2-4 with one run scored and one stolen base for AAA Rochester.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder John Shelby was 2-4 with one home run, four RBI and one run scored for AA Montgomery.
- One-time UK infielder turned outfielder Jason Kipnis, who transferred to Arizona St., was 2-4 with one home run, one RBI and three runs scored for AAA Columbus.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer extended his hitting streak to 13 games with a 1-5 performance for AA Jackson.
- Paducah native Daniel Webb earned his second consecutive win despite surrendering six runs on 10 hits in five and two-third innings in a start for low A Lansing.