Highlights from Sunday Kentucky MiLB baseball:
- The Lexington Legends held off a late rally in a 5-4 win over Augusta. Designated hitter Michael Kvasnicka was 3-4 with two RBI, and shortstop Jiovanni Mier was 2-4 with two doubles and two runs scored.
- Louisville native and former UofL infielder Adam Duvall slugged his fourth home run of the season for Augusta. Louisville native Jason Chowning was credited with a hold for Lexington after pitching two scoreless innings of relief.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods used a quality start from right-handed pitcher Victor Mateo to earn a 5-2 win over Dayton. Mateo improved to 2-2 on the season after surrendering two runs on three hits in six innings while striking out six batters and walking none.
- The Louisville Bats blew surrendered three runs after the sixth inning in a 5-2 loss to Norfolk. Left fielder Yonder Alonso was 2-3 with one home run, two RBI and one run scored.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a 2-4 performance for AAA Reno. Cowgill posted his eighth multi-hit game during the streak and is batting .392 on the season with four home runs, 14 RBI and 21 runs scored.
- Hawesville native and former WKU infielder Wade Gaynor was 4-5 with two doubles, one triple and three runs scored for high A Lakeland.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Andrew Albers earned his second win of the season with four and two-third scoreless innings of relief for high A Fort Myers.
- Louisville native and former WKU infielder Matt Payton made his season debut for high A Clearwater and was 3-4 with two runs scored.
- Former UofL infielder Chris Dominguez slugged his sixth home run of the season for high A San Jose.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder John Shelby was 2-4 with one run scored for AA Montgomery.
- One-time UK infielder turned outfielder Jason Kipnis, who transferred to Arizona St., was 2-4 with one double, one walk, one RBI and two runs scored.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 2-5 with one run scored for AAA Rochester.
- Paducah native Eric Roof was 2-4 with one double, two RBI two runs scored and two walks.