Highlights from Thursday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods scored a single run in the ninth inning to earn a 9-8 win over Lake County. Former UofL infielder Phil Wunderlich was 3-5 with one home run, one RBI and three runs scored, and shortstop Derek Dietrich was 2-4 with one home run, five RBIs and two runs scored.
- The Louisville Bats blew a ninth-inning lead in a 6-5 loss to Buffalo. Shortstop Zach Cozart was 3-4 with one home run, one RBIs and one run scored, and third baseman Todd Frazier was 3-4 with two doubles, one RBI and two runs scored.
- The Lexington Legends and Hagerstown Suns each tallied 11 hits, but the Legends left 11 men on base in an 8-2 loss. First baseman Tyler Burnett was 3-4 with one RBI and one run scored.
- Louisville native and former UofL catcher Jeff Arnold was 2-4 with one double, two RBI and two runs scored for low A Augusta.
- Former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby slugged his fourth home run and drove in two runs for AAA Toledo.
- Former Kentucky Wesleyan right-handed pitcher Cory Wade earned his first win of the season with a scoreless inning of relief for AAA Durham and boasts a 1.00 ERA in 18 innings in 2011.
- Danville native Patrick Cooper earned his first win of the season with two scoreless innings of relief for low A West Michigan
- Former UK infielder Gunner Glad was 2-4 with one double, two RBIs and one run scored for low A Beloit.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder John Shelby slugged his fourth home run of the season for AA Montgomery.
- Former UK infielder Chris Bisson drove in three runs for low A Fort Wayne.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Chris Rusin took a no decision after surrendering four runs on five hits in five innings while striking out six batters and walking two for AA Tennessee.
- Louisville native and former Bellarmine right-handed pitcher Todd Wellemeyer took the loss in his season debut, surrendering four runs on eight hits in three and two-third innings for AAA Iowa.