Highlights from Saturday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats scored two runs in the first inning and rode a strong pitching performance from left-handed pitcher Tom Cochran to a 3-1 win over Buffalo. Cochran improved to 4-0 on the season after surrendering three hits in six shutout innings while striking out four batters and walking three.
- The Lexington Legends held off a late rally in an 8-6 win over Hagerstown. Designated hitter Chris Wallace was 2-4 with one home run, one RBI and two runs scored, and center fielder Emilio King was 3-5 with one home run, two RBI and two runs scored in his Legends debut.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods outhit Great Lakes 6-4 but could not avoid a 3-2 loss. Third baseman Robby Price was 2-3 with one RBI and one run scored.
- Richmond native and former UK outfielder Keenan Wiley was 3-3 with one RBI for high A Lynchburg.
- Paducah native Jonathan Roof was 3-4 with one double and one RBI for low A Hickory.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer was 2-4 with one double and two runs scored for AA Jackson.
- Hawesville native and former WKU infielder Wade Gaynor was 2-4 with one double and one RBI for high A Lakeland.
- London native Jon Townsend homered and drove in two runs in his return from the disabled list for high A Inland Empire.
- Highland Heights native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke earned his second save since his demotion to AAA after recording the final two outs of AAA Tacoma’s win.
- Former Murray St. right-handed pitcher Mike Perconte earned his third win of the season after recording one out for AA Frisco.