Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Greg Johns of MLB.com reports Louisville native Shawn Kelley, who is rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, had to cut his simulated game short on Sunday due to tightness in his throwing elbow.
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports there is nothing physically wrong with Bowling Green native Corey Hart contributing to his offensive struggles since returning from the disabled list.
- Jack Magruder of Fox Sports Arizona reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb remains confident he will be a productive major leaguer again despite one scout’s proclamation that he is “done” following a rehabilitation appearance last week.
- Mark Maloney of the Lexington Herald-Leader profiles Lexington Legends catcher Chris Wallace, who Legends manager Rodney Linares says probably deserves a promotion after his early-season performance.
- Cash Kuth of MLB.com runs down some of the Kentucky major leaguers Kentucky Derby picks. Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere, North Hardin alum Nathan Adcock and St. X alum Trever Miller all missed on the winner, but Ballard alum Kelley appears to have picked the winner according to his Twitter account.