Former Southeastern Conference Player of the Year Ryan Strieby was just one of several alums of Kentucky schools with impressive performances around the minor leagues over the weekend. Check out his performance and more in these minor league box scores.
- Strieby was 2-3 with two home runs and five RBI Sunday in AA Erie’s 8-1 victory.
- AA Erie starting pitcher Thad Weber was one error from a perfect game Saturday. Former UK standout Michael Bertram was 2-3 with a home run and four RBI in the game.
- Former UK ace Chris Rusin allowed two runs in four innings in his sixth start for short-season Boise Sunday.
- Former UofL pitcher Trystan Magnuson hasn’t been scored on in 3.2 innings for AA New Hampshire, including a 1.2 inning performance Sunday.
- UofL alum Chris Dominguez has a six-game hitting streak including four hits and three RBI over the weekend.
- EKU alum Christian Friedrich allowed two runs in seven innings and struck out seven Saturday for high A Modesto but took a loss after Modesto scored only one run.