Sunday was a busy day on the diamond for BluGrass Baseball players in both the majors and minor leagues. With those storylines and more here are the morning links for your “case of the Mondays.”
- Louisville batted around twice en route to defeating Charlotte 8-5 and snapping its three-game losing streak.
- The Hot Rods lost 3-1 to Savannah in a rain-shortened game.
- The Legends’ game with Charleston was rained out.
- Michael Grant at the Courier-Journal profiles former Louisville Redbird and Bat Aaron Holbert’s quest to become a major league manager.
- Nathan Adcock picked up the win in his first appearance for high A Lynchburg.
- Former Lexington Legend John Buck broke up James Shields’ no-hitter in the seventh inning before the Royals rallied to defeat the Rays Sunday. Former Legend Ben Zobrist also homered in the game.
- Former Legend Bud Norris pitched seven shutout innings against the Cardinals to earn the win in his first major-league start.
- Louisville native and BluGrass Baseball All-Time Team member Dan Uggla homered in the bottom of the ninth to tie the game against the Cubs before teammate Cody Ross launched his own home run to give Florida the win.