Latest links from around Kentucky MiLB:
- Eastern High School (Louisville) alum and former Oklahoma right-handed pitcher Jason Chowning has signed with the Houston Astros as the team’s 28th-round draft pick according to a Astros’ news release.
- Danville native Patrick Cooper has been assigned to the short-season Connecticut Tigers. He was the Tigers’ 14th-round pick in the 2010 draft.
- Jim Shonerd of Baseball America examines the best and worst Minor League offenses and reports the Bowling Green Hot Rods have the third most stolen bases of any MiLB team.
- Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle profiles Lexington Legends first baseman Kody Hinze and his excellent season in Lexington.
- Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports Louisville Bats left-handed pitcher Travis Wood will make his MLB debut Thursday when he is promoted by the Cincinnati Reds to start against the Chicago Cubs.