With one Kentucky minor league team rained out Wednesday and another with an off day, the lead BluGrass Baseball story of the day goes to former Louisville Bat Justin Lehr and his dominate performance against the Cubs.
- Lehr pitched a complete game shutout to end an eight-game losing streak for the Reds. Wednesday was his second major league start after going 13-3 in AAA this season.
- Jordan Lyles allowed three runs in seven innings while striking out six and walking none for the Legends, but Lexington still fell 3-1 to Greenville.
- Courier-Journal columnist Rick Bozich profiles four St. Matthews Little League alumni (Scott Green, Tyler Kuhn, Richard Sullivan, David Slovak) in the minor leagues.
- Michael Grant at the Courier Journal profiles Bats outfielder Darnell McDonald.
- EKU alum Christian Friedrich struck out 10 in five and two-thirds inning for high A Modesto.
- Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere was 3-6 with his 34th stolen base for high A Fort Meyers.