Highlights from Wednesday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats scored five runs in the first inning and added some late insurance in a 10-4 win over Indianapolis. One-time Madisonville resident Matt Klinker earned the win after surrendering three runs on eight hits in five innings while striking out two batters and walking one. Center fielder Dave Sappelt was 3-5 with one home run, two RBI and three runs scored.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods‘ late rally fell just short in a 3-2 loss to Fort Wayne. Right-handed pitcher Eliazer Suero surrendered two hits in five scoreless innings of relief while striking out two batters and walking none.
- The Lexington Legends split a double-header with Hagerstown with a 1-0 loss in game one and a 6-4 win in game two. In game one right-handed pitcher Mike Foltynewicz took the loss despite surrendering just one run on five hits in six innings while striking out three batters and walking one. In game two first baseman Tyler Burnett was 2-2 with one home run, one RBI and two runs scored. Hagerstown right fielder Bryce Harper, the 2010 No. 1 pick, slugged his first professional home run in game two.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder John Shelby was 3-5 with one RBI and two runs scored for AA Montgomery.
- Richmond native and former UK outfielder Keenan Wiley extended his hitting streak to five games for low A Rome with a 2-4, one double, one walk and two runs scored performance.
- Former UK first baseman Lance Ray slugged his first home run and scored three times for low A Beloit.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer extended hits hitting streak to five games with a double for AA Jackson.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Chris Rusin took a no decision despite surrendering six runs on nine hits in four innings in a start for AA Tennessee. Rusin struck out five batters and walked one.
- Paducah native Daniel Webb struggled in his season debut for low A Lansing and took a loss after surrendering seven runs on 10 hits in three innings.