With the Cape Cod League championship in the book, the UK summer league action has concluded for the season. Braden Kapteyn’s MVP performance in the New York Collegiate Baseball League highlighted the summer, but his performance wasn’t the only one worth noting this summer.
UPDATE 1:25 P.M. — ADDED NAVARRO HALL/ NYCBL ALL-LEAGUE INFO
- INF/RHP Braden Kapteyn — Amsterdam Mohawks — Kapteyn led the Mohawks in homeruns (4), batted .319 on the season and posted a 2.47 ERA on the mound. Had a singled, double and home run in the NYCBL finals to lead Amsterdam to the title. Named league MVP after leading league in strikeouts on the mound (72) and ranking third in total bases at the plate (66). Braden was named the utility player on the NYCBL first team all league.
- RHP Sean Bouthilette — Amsterdam Mohawks — 4-3 with a 2.02 ERA in nine starts with two complete games. Sean had 42 strikeouts and 14 walks in 49 innings. Sean was named to the NYCBL second team all league at pitcher.
- OF Cory Farris — Amsterdam Mohawks — Farris batted .280 with two home runs and 15 RBI in 34 games. Cory started 32 games for Amsterdam.
- RHP Chase Green — Amsterdam Mohawks — 3-0 with a 0.71 ERA in 15 games with 25 strikeouts in 25.1 innings. Started one game for Amsterdam and held opponents to a .128 batting average. Green was named NYCBL first team all league at relief pitcher.
- INF Neiko Johnson — Watertown Wizards — Johnson batted .343 with two home runs and 24 RBI in 39 games for Watertown. Neiko stole 21-22 bases, but had 13 errors in the field. Johnson was named NYCBL second team all-league at second base.
- OF Navarro Hall — Mohawk Valley — Sophomore outfielder Navarro Hall batting .289 with one home run and nine RBI in 39 games for Mohawk Valley. Hall started 38 games and scored 28 runs.