Bowling Green starting pitcher Matt Moore and Lexington starter Brad Dydalewicz each picked up his seventh win of the season yesterday in a successful night for Bluegrass minor league teams. Check those stories and more in today’s hot links.
- Moore picked up the win in the second game of a double header with Asheville. The Hot Rods dropped game one 6-1.
- Steve Brown tripled and homered to lead Lexington and Dydalewicz a 10-5 victory.
- Louisville starter Matt Maloney did the low A duo one better by picking up his eighth victory of the season in Louisville’s 5-2 victory over Rochester.
- MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo highlights Drew Stubbs as one of his minor league players who should be called up to the majors soon.
- Former UK star Sawyer Carroll was promoted to AA San Antonio after batting .317 with seven home runs and 82 RBI between low A Fort Wayne and high A Lake Elsinore.
- Former UK pitcher Chris Rusin allowed only two hits and no walks in five innings of work for short-season Boise, but took the loss after surrendering one unearned run in a 4-0 loss.
- LCA alum Robbie Ross allowed one run in four innings for short-season Spokane.
- Rustin Dodd at MLB.com profiles new Royals outfielder Josh Anderson (former EKU Colonel and Lexington Legend) who just joined the team after the birth of his first child.