Lexington Legends vs. Asheville Tourists
- The Legends will send top prospect Ross Seaton to the mound for the opener of the homestand tonight against Asheville. Seaton is 8-8 with a 2.67 ERA on the season. The right-handed pitcher has 69 strikeouts in 111.1 innings pitched. Seaton’s 2.67 ERA is fourth best in the South Atlantic League.
- Outfielder Brian Pellegrini leads the Legends offensive attack against Asheville. In five games against the Tourists this season, Pellegrini is 8-20 (.400) with three home runs and six RBI. Kyle Greenwalt, Patrick Urckfitz and Robert Bono have Lexington’s three wins against Asheville.
- Lexington will have to watch out for Asheville shortstop Thomas Field. Field is 6-17 (.353) with three RBI in five games against the Legends this season. Parker Frazier, Dan Houston and Juan Nicasio each have a win for Asheville against the Legends.
- Asheville will send Houston to the mound tonight against the Legends. Houston is 1-1 with a 3.65 ERA against Lexington this season and is 5-8 with a 3.95 ERA for the season. Dan has 92 strikeouts in 109.1 innings and is holding opponents to a .269 batting average.
Lexington Legends @ Greenville Drive
- The Legends send right-handed starting pitcher Robert Bono to the mound tonight against the Drive. Bono has been the forgotten man in the Legends rotation behind more highly touted pitchers Ross Seaton, Jordan Lyles and Brad Dydalewicz, but Robert has impressed on the mound with a 8-7 record and 2.94 ERA. Bono has two complete games on the season, but has lost each of his last three decisions. Robert’s last win came on Independence Day.
- Second baseman Albert Cartwright extended his hitting streak to five games with a 1-4 performance Thursday. Cartwright is 9-20 (.450) with two doubles and two RBI during the streak. On the season Albert is batting .229 with five home runs and 26 RBI. After batting .328 in 20 games in April, Cartwright’s monthly batting average was below .200 in both month that he played regularly.
- Outfielder Steve Brown was the offensive star Thursday with a triple and home run. Brown is batting .244 with four home runs and 31 RBI on the season. 2009 is Steve’s second stint in Lexington after he spent the entire 2008 season with the Legends. Brown is batting .368 with one home run and five RBI in six games in August.
- Greenville will send Brock Huntzinger to the mound tonight against the Legends. Huntzinger is 7-8 with a 4.17 ERA on the season. Brock has won each of his last two starts and has recorded a decision in each of his last 11 starts. Huntzinger is 2-5 with a 5.35 ERA in the second half of the season.