Following the completion of the “offseason position battle” series we will post a lineup project for each of the five division one schools this week. The lineups are based on the position battle posts and are only a guess and what each Opening Day lineup might look like. We will also include weekend rotations, midweek starters and closers for good measure. We are working in reverse order of the 2010 records, begining the series with Morehead State University.
- C — Taylor Davis
- 1B — Michael Fear
- 2B — Travis Redmon
- 3B — Andrew Deeds
- SS — Austin Haney
- LF — Daniel Pugh
- CF — Luke Bainer
- RF — Ryan Conner
- DH — Bud Morton
- RHP — Trey Smith
- RHP — Josh Schneider
- RHP — Cody Gibson
- LHP — Garrick Whittle
- RHP — Matthew Robertson
*A previous version of this post incorrectly to identified Ryan Conner as Eric Sanders. This post has also been amended to include information learned after its original publishing.
Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Morehead State University signed Oklahoma junior college left-handed pitcher Matt Cartwright to complete its 2010 signing class.
- The Lexington Herald-Leader reports three Lexington youth baseball teams have qualified for their respective division’s World Series.
- Jason Stella of the Louisville Bats’ media relations department profiles third baseman/ left fielder Todd Frazier and his recent improvements that have helped propel the Bats into first place in their division.
- Brent Ingram of the University of Kentucky media relations department is listing the 20 most memorable Bat Cats’ games since 2006 for “Cat Scratches,” starting with No. 16-20.
- Joe Capozi of the Palm Beach Post reports Florida Marlins second baseman Dan Uggla, born in Louisville, has experience a recent surge during the best season of his career after moving to the cleanup spot in the lineup.
- The finals of the prestigious Cape Cod League have reached a decisive game three with an interesting UK/UofL subplot. Yarmouth-Dennis, featuring University of Louisville outfielder Stewart Ijames, is matched against Coutit, featuring UK outfielder Chad Wright in the championship series. Neither player recorded a hit in game two, but Wright scored two of Cotuit’s three runs in it’s game one win. You can watch the final game of the series here at 3 p.m.