More hot stove rumors, baseball commits and minor league news in some Thursday morning links:
- John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer writes that Lexington-native Austin Kearns probably only makes sense for the Reds if he would agree to a minor league deal.
- Bowling Green Hot Rods 2009 manager Matt Quatraro has been promoted to Tampa Bay Rays minor league hitting coordinator.
- Norm Sanders of the Belleville News-Democrat in Illinois reports UofL commit Jake DePew might consider going pro instead of ending up in Louisville.
- Speaking of baseball commitments, the national signing period is open for baseball so in the coming days we should be getting official word from the Universities about commitments signing their letters of intent.
- 2009 Bat Chris Heisey and teammate Yonder Alonso were both 0-3 with a walk for Peoria in the Arizona Fall League.
- Ben Badler of Baseball America tweets from the AFL game that Heisey is one of the “smartest baserunners” he’s seen in the minors.